Eden Park Veterinary Surgery

Travel Health Certificates

Travel Health Certificates in Eden Park and Kent

Travel Health Certificates are a legal document confirming that your pet can enter and leave the EU without having to face quarantine procedures.

It is a legal requirement that you must complete prior to bringing your pet into the UK or taking it into the EU. The main purpose of the certificate is to keep the UK free from diseases such as rabies and others that may be transmitted by parasites that are not habitual to the UK. In practical terms, the travel health certificate is confirmation that your animal is microchipped and vaccinated to prevent the potential spread of rabies.

Travel health certificates are administered by an Official Veterinarian. Fortunately for our patients and their owners throughout Kent, Eden Park Veterinary Surgery classifies as one of those. We provide full certification for any animals that pass the eligibility criteria. This includes pets from our local area, such as Addiscombe, Beckenham, Bromley, Croydon, Eden Park, Hayes, Keston, Shirley, and West Wickham.

Official Travel Health Certificates in Eden Park

As your local Official Veterinarian, we are authorised to administer travel health certificates for pets in the Eden Park area and beyond. Here is what you can expect from the process…


Eligibility for a Travel Health Certificate

Before you can apply for a travel health certificate for your pet, they need to pass certain criteria. The animal must be microchipped and vaccinated against rabies. Additionally, they will not be allowed to travel until 21 days after their rabies vaccination, so you will need to take this into consideration when planning to leave the country.


Authorising a Travel Health Certificate

If your pet passes these criteria, make an appointment with our Official Veterinarian to make a full check of your pet’s medical records. We will examine their vaccination history and confirm the presence of a microchip. Once we are satisfied, we will print off your travel health certificate, sign and authorise, and update our database accordingly.


Contents of a Travel Health Certificate

A typical travel health certificate contains key information for the border control personnel at your point of entry to the EU. These include the pet owner’s details, the pet’s description, details of its latest rabies vaccination and blood test (if required), canine tapeworm treatment (if required), and the intended country of entry.



Once we have authorised a certificate on behalf of your pet, you have ten days in which to legally enter the EU with the animal. Upon arrival in an EU country, the certificate will be stamped and remains valid for a further four months. If your pet requires vaccination, you will need to wait 21 days before departing.

Why Choose Eden Park Veterinary Surgery?

There are plenty of reasons to choose us when applying for your travel health certificate in and around the Eden Park area. Here is just a few of them, based on feedback from our existing customers…


As well as being an accredited member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (the leading regulator for the veterinary services industry), Eden Park Veterinary Surgery is also registered as an Official Veterinarian. This allows us to process and authorise travel health certificates. We provide a thorough checking service to ensure that your pet is eligible for travel.

We have been operating in the Eden Park area for more than twenty years and have ample experience in processing travel health certificates for our patients. As well as performing the necessary checks, our team of established veterinary surgeons are able to administer any additional shots or microchipping services that may be required prior to authorising the certificate itself.

As you can probably tell from our name, we are based in the Eden Park area of Kent. We process and authorise travel health certificates for animals across the county, though most of our work in this area comes from local pets. This includes those from neighbouring Addiscombe, Beckenham, Bromley, Croydon, Eden Park, Hayes, Keston, Shirley, and West Wickham.

Get in touch

For the fast processing and authorisation of travel health certificates in the Eden Park area, contact Eden Park Veterinary Surgery today.
Call us on 0208 658 2300 for free pet advice, or to book your pet in for an appointment.

Scroll to Top